Representatives of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the U.S. Department of Justice have given weapons to Mexican drug cartels and caused the deaths of at least two American law enforcement agents and countless Mexican citizens. This operation, called Fast and Furious by the BATFE, has been dubbed Operation Gunwalker by those that uncovered this insane program.
In short, in order to drum up support for new gun control laws they killed people.
Tonight Greta Van Susteren did an interview with one of the whistleblower BATFE agents involved in shipping weapons to Mexican drug cartels.
Tomorrow night Bill O’Reilly will be doing a segment on the scandal.
Since December two blogs have been running down the actions of the BATFE, the Department of Justice and the White House as relates to arming the drug cartels:
David Codrea at The War On Guns
Mike Vanderboegh at Sipsey Street Irregulars
The issue has induced Congress to hold hearings last week. The outcome of the hearings caused the New York Times to report:
This morning David and Mike’s own whistleblower contacts inside the BATFE said that the Acting Director of the BATFE, Ken Melson, will resign any day now. CNN confirms:
Primary documentation of the entire affair is at Codrea’s site. On the left is a three-part primer on all Gunwalker activities to date.
At Mike’s site on the right is “The Gunwalker Scandal Made Simple”:
There are five key accusations against ATF and DOJ made by ATF whistleblowers and other sources within FedGov:
1. That they instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with questionable and illegal sales of firearms to suspected gunrunners.
2. That they allowed or even assisted in those guns crossing the U.S. border into Mexico to “boost the numbers” of American civilian market firearms seized in Mexico and thereby provide the justification for more firearm restrictions on American citizens and more power and money for ATF.
3. That they intentionally kept Mexican authorities in the dark about the operation, even over objections of their own agents.
4. That weapons that the ATF let “walk” to Mexico were involved in the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, as well as at least hundreds of Mexican citizens.
5. That at least since the death of Brian Terry on 14 December, the Obama administration is engaged in a full-press cover-up of the facts behind what has come to be known as the “Gunwalker Scandal.”
Call your Congresscritters. Tell your friends. Tell your friends to call their Congresscritters. Demand justice for Border Patrol Agent Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata. Demand a special prosecutor be named to investigate the BATFE and the DOJ. Demand that the responsible parties be uncovered, fired, tried and convicted.